The Higher School of Economics was founded on November 27, 1992, by ordinance of the Government of the Russian Federation. In October 2009, the Higher School of Economics obtained the status of a National Research University.
On December 23, 2010, the University received the status of an autonomous educational institution (by Decree No. 1109 of the Government of the Russian Federation: On the Creation of a Federal State Autonomous Educational Institution of Higher Professional Education, National Research University – Higher School of Economics).
On December 30, 2011, the Government of the Russian Federation ordered that the Moscow State Institute of Electronics and Mathematics (MIEM), along with two continuing education institutions, the Training Center for Managers and the State Academy of Investment Experts (GASIS), be merged with the Higher School of Economics.
In July 2013, the HSE was named a winner in a competition for government support aimed at propelling Russia’s leading HEIs into the world’s top 100 universities.
Over 22,098 undergraduate students, 4,450 master’s programme students, and 536 doctoral students are studying at the HSE. As of October 1, 2013, 16,182 students were enrolled in the HSE, Moscow.
The HSE has three regional branches: St. Petersburg, Nizhny Novgorod, and Perm. As of October 1, 2013, the HSE faculty included 1,910 professors and 889 researchers.
Stanislav Lazovsky, Director, Scientific-information and Analytic Center of Cross-Border and Interregional Cooperation
Margarita Zaretskaya, Deputy Director, Scientific-information and Analytic Center of Cross-Border and Interregional Cooperation