The Northern Dimension Partnership on Culture is looking to recruit a Cultural and Creative Industry Project Advisor at the NDPC Secretariat in Riga.
The Northern Dimension Partnership on Culture (NDPC) is an initiative focusing on the improvement of operating conditions for cultural and creative industries. Since 2010, the NDPC has served as a regional focal point regarding the information on policy developments in culture and creative industries (CCI), regional collaboration and access to financing for CCIs, as well as facilitated networking activities.
The activity area covers 11 countries: Russia, Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Iceland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland and Germany. The NDPC Secretariat’s office is situated in Riga, Latvia.
We are offering a full-time position as a Cultural and Creative Industry Project Advisor at the NDPC Secretariat in Riga, with an attractive salary and working conditions (considering the COVID-19 restrictions, the first months of the employment are possible as remote work). You will be welcomed by a small, friendly, open-minded and supportive team who believe in work-life balance, empowering the employees and encouraging initiative at the workplace. Contract-based employment for a period of up to two years. The contract includes an initial three-month probation period.
The main responsibilities of the Advisor are:
• Identify new co-operation partners and opportunities with a broad scope in the fields of cultural affairs and creative industries;
• Draft, plan and carry out projects in cooperation with different cooperation partners;
• Monitor suitable Funding schemes within cultural and creative industries sector and participate in the writing of project proposals;
• Participate actively in the annual NDPC activity planning processes, developing aims and goals for the sector, participate actively in the work of the Secretariat’s team;
• Follow-up on cultural and creative industries sectors, write reports about significant trends, analyse the opportunities for NDPC in the field of culture and creative industries.
The candidates should have:
• First level university degree in a related field;
• 3+ years of experience with project administration, management, writing of project proposals;
• Good knowledge of the tendencies within the cultural and creative industry sector in Europe and of cross-cutting issues, such as climate change and sustainable development; A developed professional network;
• Experience in multilateral co-operation, preferably in the Northern Dimension area and the Barents or Baltic cooperation structures;
• Excellent ability to think analytically and innovatively, and the readiness to work in an organized, detail-oriented, creative and dynamic manner; excellent communications skills, both written and spoken;
• A good command of English (oral and written), knowledge of other languages will be considered as an additional asset;
The NDPC highlights the candidate’s ability to take independent responsibility, take initiative and work proactively and flexibly as part of the team. The candidate should have experience in intergovernmental co-operation and an interest in regional co-operation in the Northern part of Europe.
The work will involve travelling around both the Nordic and Baltic countries and Russia.
Please note that the vacancy is open for competition only amongst nationals of participating States of the NDPC co-operation, please see https://www.ndpculture.org/home.
Salary upon agreement, the remuneration package includes pension allowance, social guarantees, health insurance.
The NDPC is committed to diversity and inclusion and welcomes qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds.
Send your CV and a letter of motivation (max. 1 x A4 page in length), that explains why you are applying for the position and how your experience and expertise fits the position, by 25 June 2021 to: email@example.com
For further information about the position:
Dace Resele, Head of Secretariat
firstname.lastname@example.org, mobile +371 29136112