Barents Cooperation Forum presentations
The Barents Cooperation Forum was organized in Helsinki on December 8th by University of Applied Sciences of Kajaani, Regional Council of Kainuu and the Barents Euro-Arctic Region secretariat.
Representatives of several programmes and ministries brought a multitude of funding news to the audience. After the presentations it was possible to participate in workshops and bilateral meetings with 150 participants interested in the Barents region as a cooperation platform.
Following presentations can now be downloaded on forum website:
- Opening words Pentti Malinen, Regional Mayor, Regional Council of Kainuu
- Summary and highlights from Barents region cooperation survey Mikko Keränen, R&D Director, Kajaani University of Applied Sciences
- Collaboration between Arctic ETC (European Territorial Cooperation) programmes Ole Damsgaard, Head of Secretariat, Northern Periphery Programme Secretariat
- Enhancing Financing Cooperation in the Barents and Arctic Regions Birgit Autere, Team Leader Regional Cooperation, Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland
- How can Barents cooperation projects be financed? The role of the International Barents Secretariat as a facilitator of financing Laura Quist, Executive Officer, The International Barents Secretariat
- Opportunities and challenges for the Barents Cooperation. Viewpoints and experiences of the Russian BEAC Chairmanship 2015-2017 Sergey Petrovitch, Deputy Director of the Second European Department, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation
- EU external cross-border cooperation. Lessons learned and opportunities for the Barents region. Norwegian viewpoints and experiences. Elizaveta Vassilieva, Adviser, The Norwegian Barents Secretariat
- Case example: The New Horizons. What is a successful International project made of? Tomas Lind, Project manager
- NEFCO financing for environmental projects with a focus on the Barents Region (Presented at Project clinic Q&A) Henrik G Forsström, Senior Adviser, Nordic Environment Finance Corporation (NEFCO)
- Programme for Environment and Climate Co-operation. Northwest Russia - Nordic countries (Presented at Project clinic Q&A) Nordic Council of Ministers